Protecting Your Rights Throughout Eastern Iowa Since 1981

A Trusted Legal Ally For Immigrants

Most of the people we have met who have issues with their visas are seeking either permanent residency or eventual US citizenship. We have worked with workers at local meat packing plants as well as students and faculty at local colleges. Attorney Christopher Foster spent time as a volunteer working with foreign students seeking asylum or adjustment of their student status, and he is very familiar with those issues.

At Foster Law Office, our Iowa City immigration attorneys will work toward accomplishing your immigration law goals, whatever they may be.

Guiding You On The Path To Citizenship

A green card grants an immigrant permanent residency in the U.S. and is part of several paths to citizenship. At our law firm, we help immigrants work toward citizenship. There are several paths to permanent residency or citizenship:

  • Employment or work-related
  • Asylum-based
  • Family visas

Please contact us for help with your green card or with any of the following types of visas:

  • Temporary work visas, including EB, H1-B, H2-B, I and L
  • Visitor to the U.S. visa — B travel visa
  • U.S. student visas — F, M and J
  • U.S. marriage and fiancé(e) visas (K1 for fiancé(e), K2 for children of fiancé(e), K3 and K4 for spouse of U.S. citizen and children)
  • J-1 exchange visa (for au-pairs or nannies, postgraduate students or medical residents, other scholars or teachers)

There are other less common types of visas. Please contact our law firm with your questions and we will either help you directly or provide a referral.

The Immigration Law Guidance You Need

Our attorneys are here to help you live and work in the U.S. To arrange your initial immigration law consultation please contact our law offices online or by telephone at 319-383-0405.