Experienced Trial Lawyers
Law is like medicine in the sense that a lawyer will focus his or her practice on one or two specific areas of law just as a doctor chooses oncology or internal medicine. At our law firm, we focus on litigation matters. As Iowa City criminal law attorneys and personal injury trial lawyers, we are comfortable in the courtroom and in negotiation with opposing counsel. Attorney Davis Foster has more than 30 years of litigation experience and is now joined at the law firm by his son and legal associate, Christopher Foster.
At Foster Law Office we can provide wise counsel and strong representation in nearly any type of litigation. The following areas of law are the main ones in which we have experience. Please contact our law firm with any litigation need.
- Computer litigation — We assist with any issues relating to computers or electronic communication devices, including spam, software usage and licensing and misrepresentation.
- Construction litigation — We help individuals and business with mechanic's liens whether you need help enforcing or defending. We also assist clients resolve matters stemming from construction defects.
- Contract and boundary disputes — We help individuals resolve contract or boundary disputes, including agricultural disputes, in the areas of real estate and construction law.
- Criminal defense — We offer criminal defense for most types of criminal charges, including OUI/DUI/DWI, drug charges, criminal charges against in-state or out-of-state college students, sex crime defense and assault or domestic violence charges.
- Personal injury — We represent the plaintiff (injured party) for injuries sustained as a result of another's negligence or as a result of on-the-job injuries. We also defend clients charged with professional negligence.
Cedar Rapids Divorce Lawyers and Immigration Attorney
Family law can turn to the courtroom, but in our experience, many couples can work out the terms of their divorce without resorting to litigation. Should litigation in family law become necessary, we are certainly willing to go there. As immigration attorneys, the focus is on completing all of the paperwork correctly the first time and expediting the process. Please contact us if you have the following needs:
- Family law — We help men and women with a wide variety of family law matters such as divorce, child custody determinations and modifications, visitation, child support and spousal support or alimony.
- Immigration — We represent clients with a wide variety of immigration needs from asylum for college students to H1 visas and green cards for seasonal workers.
Your Resource in State or Federal Court
For experienced and competent legal advice, please call our law office at 319-383-0405 or toll-free at 866-781-3971, or send our attorneys an e-mail. The initial consultation for personal injury litigation is free.