Parallel Paths Yield Successful Outcomes
One of the emotional aspects of a criminal charge is the loss of control you may feel as your life and your future no longer seem to be in your hands. You may be scared. You may be angry that the Miranda rights were not read to you. You may be confused.
At Foster Law Office, our Iowa City criminal defense attorneys give you control over your outcome by preparing two separate and parallel paths.
- Negotiate a plea — We work with the prosecutor to come up with a negotiated plea to a lesser charge, or to lesser consequences, or to any solution that will be acceptable to our client.
- Prepare for trial — We don't wait until the negotiation is done before preparing for trial. We prepare every step of the way so that we are 100 percent ready for court should we need to go there.
At our law firm we will explain your options and then work toward the best possible outcome.
Defense in State or Federal Court
At our law firm we represent everyone from 18-year-old college students charged with an OWI to retired Iowans charged with domestic violence. We use technology at our law firm to communicate, with permission, to parents who are out of state or out of the country. We provide a vigorous defense for any violent crime, misdemeanor or felony, including:
- Assault and battery, including domestic violence
- Burglary or shoplifting
- Drug charges
- Sex crimes, including rape
- Homicide/murder or manslaughter
- College student criminal charges
Cedar Rapids Mortgage Fraud Lawyers and White Collar Crimes Attorneys
A conviction for a nonviolent crime can result in jail time equally as long as a violent crime. White collar crimes no longer get preferential treatment compared to violent crimes. At Foster Law Office, our criminal defense lawyers represent clients charged with the following types of white collar crimes:
- Credit card fraud
- Identity theft or fake ID
- Mortgage fraud
- Unemployment fraud
Your Resource in State or Federal Court
For experienced and competent criminal defense, please call our law office at 319-383-0405 or toll-free at 866-781-3971, or send our attorneys an e-mail.